Tuesday 13 January 2015

About Me


A little bit about my beauty journey..

I find this a bit strange, writing a paragraph about myself. The only other time I've done this is when I wrote my personal statement for uni.

I was born in Hong Kong, lived there for 14 years and then moved to Bristol, UK. While I was in Hong Kong, being surrounded by shopping centres and beauty stores definitely had an impact on me. I started wearing make up when I was barely out of primary school, I remember my first experience when I was 9. I was told by my teachers to tie up my incredibly long and thick hair as it was 'school rules', so to make my overall look a little more interesting, I borrowed my mums olive green eyeshadow and decided that was going to be my new look.

As I grew older, I started experimenting with more of my mums make up palettes and ended up with what I thought was amazing eye make up (Now that I look back, what was I thinking?!). In my generation, everyone had a emo/scene stage and that's where I got inspired by different hair colours, piercings, tattoos and what not. Although that was the beginning of how I came to like what people would say is a more of an 'alternative' style, I'm sure everyone can agree with me, I'm glad that the overall emo/scene style is gone.

When I started getting a bit more pocket money, I saved up and started buying more of my own make up. Funnily enough, even though I had been into make up for years at this point, when I look back at my photos then, I never did my eyebrows. Being asian, eyebrows were something that I didn't really have (#asianproblems). My starting point in my obsession shall we say, in make up was when I bought myself Urban Decay's Naked Palette. To this day (it hasn't even been that long), I still think that it's one of the best palettes around.

To stop this from becoming an essay (this is so much easier to write), to sum it all up, I love make up and everything to do with beauty. Not because I'm incredibly insecure about myself and want to cover my natural face up, but because I find it somewhat calming, fixing and improving the little bumps and cracks that I am faced with.

R


No comments:

Post a Comment